My First Day

Me trying to look adorable my first night

Hi Momma,

The nice lady is writing this for me.

Last night when they finally got me in the car I was so clever! They had backed the car out a bit and I hit the button to open the window and flew out of the car. I ran up to your steps quick like a bunny. The man came and brought me back in the car. They realized that with me they need to use the child lock feature on their windows!

The car ride was not bad. I didn’t yelp or whine. I stood right between them booth all the way to Lookwood. I wanted to get in the front seat, but they decided that wasn’t such a special idea. So I hung my head between the two of them and just watched the ride.

When we got to this house I was nervous. I wasn’t happy with a leash, they have one that is retractable, so I can go pretty far before I stop short. The man tried to get me up the steps and I dug in hard! I wasn’t going up those steps for love or money. With a ton of patience, I finally went up the stairs.

I saw three cats and they scattered like leaves in the wind when they saw me. I’m not much bigger than they are. I laid down and they kept calling me “Katie” a few times when I looked at them when they said Katie, I got a treat! I think I might start paying attention to that. Jackpot!

The man took me outside because I was at the door crying. We had the same fight getting up the stairs after a mini walk. I didn’t have to go potty. Then I went to the door and cried some more. They decided to take me on a long walk. You would be so proud of me, I only tugged heard on my leash a couple times. They are learning that I spook really easy. Then I tug on that long leash for all I’m worth. The guy is really patient and just waits me out. I didn’t go potty. They were starting to worry about me. The lady laid on the living floor, she was ignoring me, and so I had to go sit by her for a bit. I like to follow her around. I’ve even licked her a couple times.

Finally, it was bed time. What a busy day for me. I did take a quick puppy nap when I got here, but was too nervous to actually sleep. The cats came out to watch me. They have a nice blanket on the floor at the foot of their bed. IT took me a while to come in the bedroom, those darn cats were on the bed and staring at me. *shudder* I discovered that they had an all you can eat buffet in the bathroom. It has sand in it and those cats like to go in there and scratch around. They decided that I was not going to be eating at this fine buffet and shut the door a bit so I couldn’t get in. I slept on the floor by the guy. At 4:30 the lady got up. I got up to greet her but was not going outside that late.

About 6:30 the lady took me out in the back yard. I stayed on the steps. Then we came back in and I had an accident. Just a small one, but they were happy I went potty. I think I will get the hang of life here after a while.

That’s my update. I didn’t want you to worry about me.

Dirvish but maybe Katie

About katie

I was rescued from a hard life on a reservation in southern Montana. Big Dog and Mama brought me into their den to help me learn how to be a great citizen. I have to thank Miss Sheri for bringing me into town and introducing me to Big Dog and Mama. This is my story and I am sticking to it.


My First Day — 1 Comment

  1. Pingback: It’s My Adoption Day! | Katie Doo Doggy News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>